Job ID: 135380
PT -19 HOURS
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Jun 7, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Pharmacy Infusion Specialist to join the team located in Plainsboro, NJ.
A registered pharmacist who supports a comprehensive and dynamic clinical pharmacy service in the practice of medication infusion at Penn Medicine Princeton Health. Responsibilities include patient assessment, monitoring and drug distribution, financial management of products used at Outpatient Infusion Center and related educational, research and patient care activities to enhance the pharmaceutical care activities of Penn Medicine Princeton Health, while performing these duties in accordance with the New Jersey State Board of Pharmacy, Federal and State Regulatory Agencies, Joint Commission Standards, ASHP practice guidelines and medical center policies and procedures.
Duties Include but not Limited to:
1. Assumes responsibility for coordinating the operation of the Outpatient Infusion Pharmacy. Provides effective and efficient use of resources in collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy.
2. Monitors drug and other resource utilization as well as provide future trends for drug budget.
3. Designs, supports and implements process improvement relating to inpatient and outpatient oncology practices.
4. Develops and updates policies and procedures relating to inpatient and outpatient oncology practice.
5. Attends and serves on multidisciplinary committees (e.g. Hematology/Oncology Section, Cancer Committee, and P&T)
6. Insures department treatment plans are followed & documented. Validates that all medication orders include proper laboratory results (CBC, CMP, etc) within the timeframe specified in hospital policy. Ensures that the 5 rights of medication administration (patient, drug, dose, route, time) are followed.
7. Provides patient education on the proper use of prescribed medication and associated compliance (in-patients and outpatients infusion room). This will include all necessary training of nursing personnel regarding the administration of these medications.
8. Provides consult service dealing with various aspects of drug therapy, including pharmacokinetic consults, adverse drug reaction reports, and possible drug-drug interactions.
PharmD or BS Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy - Required
LISCENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Current New Jersey License to practice Pharmacy- Required
Recent clinical experience in hospital- based infusion center - Required
Board Certified in Oncology Pharmacy (BCOP) preferred; BCOP must be obtained within one year of hire.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements
List the minimum specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required; professionalism essential. - Required
2. Also required are a customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem solving skills. – Required
3. Demonstrated leadership ability – Required
4. Computer literacy; knowledge of clinical and other computer systems. – Required
5. Completed PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency - Desired
6. Previous experience with budget planning and utilization management - Desired
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.