Job ID: 135910
Radnor, PA, United States
Jun 7, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Licensed Practical Nurse assists physicians and performs healthcare services to patients in hospitals, private homes, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. Monitors and charts patients, collects sample, and performs other tasks as assigned, all under the direction of registered nurses and doctors.
• Administers prescribed medications, gives injections and vaccines, reads PPD results.
• Performs electrocardiograms (EKG) and screening tests.
• Obtains and tests specimens following standard operating procedures and documents results, taking appropriate action with unexpected results. Prepares specimens for transport as necessary.
• Triages patient telephone encounters and includes provider when necessary.
• Assists provider with surgical procedures including positioning patients, keeping a sterile field, and wound cleaning and dressing. • Prepares paperwork to complete patient visit.
• Obtains and documents patient's vital signs as needed and reports abnormal results to provider.
• Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and checks to make sure all instruments and equipment are in proper working order.
• Maintains medication storage closets.
• Participates in orienting new team members.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
H.S. Diploma/GED , Other Practice Nursing School , And 1+ years Outpatient experience
LPN Licensure in the state of PA
BLS CPRWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.