Job ID: 136329
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 8, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
· Evaluates performance, coordinates job assignments and work schedules, responsible for human resources management for staff members within the Clerical Services team.
· Ensures the CLIA licensed laboratory/reading room meets TJC and CMS regulatory requirements consistently and that temperatures for Immuno slides are maintained and recorded daily. Reports this compliance at bi-weekly management team meetings and records meeting for distribution to the entire Dermatopathology division.
· Assists with day-to-day workflow issues affecting the Clerical Services area including coordination with the Specimen Registration team and laboratory technical staff. Proactively communicates with physicians and managers regarding daily workflow issues and resolution, report corrections and work priorities that require advance planning. Enlists support from appropriate staff, when required, to ensure consistent departmental coverage and completion of tasks.
· Daily monitoring of turnaround times and the pending list of pathology reports to ensure timely reporting and identification and resolution of any issues or obstacles associated with finalizing each case. Routinely run database queries to track and monitor the production and release of DermPath reports associated with over 100,000 specimens annually.
· Serves as support and back up to the Manager of Administrative Ops, DermPath, as needed including full coverage during all absences. Completes other duties as assigned by the Manager of Administrative Ops, Dermpath.
· Assists the Manager of Administrative Ops with Research Request queries and subsequent slide and/or block releases, the chain of custody follow up and return of materials as needed.
· Collaboratively interfaces with Dermatopathologists to meet specific schedule and priority requests and ensure appropriate support is provided to the pathologists to allow them to expeditiously finalize reports and suggest workflow enhancements to increase efficiency and quality.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.