Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nursing Care Plan Supervisor - Penn Home Infusion Therapies - New Jersey
Job ID: 137306
Woodbury Heights, NJ, United States
Jun 8, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Nursing Care Plan Supervisor is accountable for the planning, coordinating and delivery of quality care and services, maintaining supervision and direction of nursing and paraprofessional services. The supervisor takes reasonable steps to ensure that services are available; care and services provided by the staff are coordinated and integrated; policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of care and services are developed and implemented. Responsibilities are performed in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and applicable duties including 30 and 60 day personal and infusion care plan supervision as appropriate to patient population, as well as Federal, State and local regulations.
- Provides over-site for clinical staff on the following: clinical staff case management & direct clinical care, regulatory compliance, review of new products and services, and coordination of orientation activities between team and nurse educations.
- Assures that the staff is performing their duties and responsibilities according to their position description. Ensures that staffing and schedule provides safe, effective, and high quality care. Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and that staff is fully utilizing materials, staff, and financial resources.
- Performs and documents the initial evaluation visit, reassessment and supervisory visits for all patients. Maintains current and accurate patient records.
- Builds strategic, clinical, and business literacy through staff education and communication. Builds measurement systems to track performance improvement initiatives. Fosters the continual integration of UPHS research and education activities into clinical operational processes.
- Creates a customer-friendly environment consistent with the patient-care model. Demonstrates
- regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, families, representatives as well as employees, volunteers and medical staff.
- Performs chart reviews to ensure compliance with State Department of Health and JC regulations as appropriate.
- Registered Nurse - NJ
- Eligible for professional license in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Complete submission of application for Pennsylvanian RN licensure within 90 days of hire date and obtain licensure within 6 months of starting role, if not previously obtained.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
- Driver's License
- Car Insurance
- OCN or CRNI strongly preferred
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- 2+ years Progressive nursing experience in the setting of home care, home health agency/home infusion company
- Leadership experience in homecare, home health agency/home infusion setting strongly preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE