Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 129163
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 9, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Accounts Receivable (AR) Representative is responsible for facilitating maximized revenue for the practice by managing strategies to collect monies from third party payers. The AR Rep assists the practice manager and providers in maintaining a patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of highest quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets.
- Efficiently and effectively manages Accounts Receivable using established workqueues and process flows. Meets established productivity metrics.
- Proactively works with co-workers to collect on monies due as part of patient responsibility. As needed, works with patients to develop payment plans.
- Identifies and tracks third party rejection types to determine rejection patterns. Responsible for facilitating maximized revenue for the practice by managing strategies to collect monies from third party payers.
- Monitors changes to third party reimbursement policies and billing procedures. Informs and/or recommends changes to billing policies.
- Reviews, processes and challenges all rejections and denials escalating notable trends to the Practice Manager
- Identifies issues related to timely filing and communicates appropriately.
- Process charge files and appends necessary data. May also complete charge entry responsibilities.
- Effectively manages and resolves charge review, claim edit and credit workqueues within the designated benchmark.
- Meets regularly with Manager to review status of A/R, special projects, and problematic or unusual accounts. Reviews Indicator and Productivity Reports with manager and identifies areas for improvement. Manages special projects related to AR as assigned.
- Attends all required training sessions, maintains knowledge of systems, internally and externally required of position.
- Responds to questions, requests, and support calls, efficiently and professionally, within established timeframes.
- Works effectively to meet project and assignment deadlines.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Focus in business, accounting, or healthcare administration
Coursework in medical terminology preferred.
Experience in the insurance/HMO industry or academic medical center strongly preferred.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Must pass any required exams for EMR access
4+ years Experience working within medical office environments.
1+ Experience in physician billing responsibilities or accounts receivable management strongly preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE