Job ID: 135236
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Jun 9, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is a professional Registered Nurse who is responsible for the direct supervision of nursing staff which is accomplished by: maintaining open lines of communication with staff, physicians, and management; providing resource information as requested and overseeing the delivery of safe and clinically competent nursing care that is evidenced based.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. The Assistant Nurse Manager follows the standards of the OR Registered Nurse within the defined job position related to the cost center.
2. Responsible for the day to day managerial functions of the unit, under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Includes interviewing and hiring; counseling employees and follow through of the disciplinary process, with appropriate documentation; completing performance appraisals in a timely manner and being actively involved in assuring completion of the staff schedule.
3. Acts as a role model and mentor for staff in the procedural setting. Responsible for clinical practices on unit as demonstrated by creating patient care assignments which address patient acuity and staff skill set; supervising and acting as resource for staff and routinely evaluating appropriateness of care rendered by staff with follow up as needed.
4. Maintain open communication with staff via scheduled shift meetings; maintains good relationships with other departments, physicians and their practices and nursing units. Promptly and effectively resolves problems and complaints to best serve our patients.
5. Supports the Nurse Manager in development and growth of procedural specialties to ensure appropriate selection training and communication.
o Communicates with physicians / offices for procedural needs
o Works with vendors to ensure proper instrumentation and supplies are available.
o Supports the value analysis process within the terms of the organization to better meet the needs of the patient.
Minimum Requirements: Education:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of.
Related Work Experience:
• Perioperative experience of two years or more preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Active New Jersey Registered Nurse License required.
• Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) required.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS) required.
• Member of Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) preferred.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Critical thinking skills required.
• Demonstrates leadership ability, collaborative and customer service skills required.
• Basic computer skills including word and excel required.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of data collection, research protocols, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.