Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting
Job ID: 137331
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 9, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Financial Analyst supports overall reporting for the consolidation of the Health System as well assisting with special projects as directed by the AVP of Corporate Finance. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Working closing with the University and UPHS departments that have intercompany transactions between them;
- Interpreting new accounting pronouncements while educating key stakeholders of the UPHS financial statements of the proposed impact to financial reporting;
- Assistance with preparation of tax files, community benefits and with various auditor requests;
- Assisting the Financial Reporting Supervisor with the monthly financial reporting requirements as well as other filings to maintain proper compliance with respective bond agencies;
- Assistance with the preparation of the monthly reporting requirements of the University financial team.
- Technical skills and abilities must include knowledge of accounting principles and concepts related to financial reporting and the ability to analyze, compare, interpret, and suggest solutions to accounting and finance issues while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy. Dedication to the timely completion of all tasks, effective listening skills, and the ability to ask educated questions at appropriate times. Inclination to be a self-motivator and to apply creativity and conceptualization skills effectively with management. Promote a positive attitude toward other staff members. The ability to work independently and with other members of the Corporate Finance team; Good command of the English language. Demonstrate punctuality and meet set department deadlines. Maintain a professional attitude at all times. Communicate effectively with respective department financial managers and staff. Consistently adhere to departmental standards for a professional office environment. Constantly be aware of and adhere to UPHS employment policies and procedures.
- Participates in valuation and analysis of monthly combining financial statement package.
- Performs accounting functions for activity between HUP, PMC, PAH and the University.
- Provides support to external auditors as requested.
- Assists in the coordination of the annual budget process in regards to the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow. Assists Director with review of various projections and assumptions.
- Assists Corporate Treasury with money management activities (i.e. wire transfers, investment activities, interest distribution) and debt activity.
- Reviews new accounting pronouncements; prepares a summary of “proposed implementation impacts” and provides education to UPHS entity key stakeholders of the impacts to their respective financial statement presentation.
- Participates in “special projects” as directed by UPHS AVP of Corporate Finance; Works with other entities in resolving problems related to standard financial issues and practices.
- Assists AVP of Corporate Finance in analyzing and interpreting financial data and make recommendations regarding handling of both day-to-day operations and new policies and procedures.
- Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required); preferably Accounting and/or Finance
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred
- 4+ years of experience general accounting, monthly financial close process and/or financial reporting experience (Required)
- Supervisory/managerial experience (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication skills
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Regulations
- Self-motivated; ability to multi-task and manage rapidly changing priorities
- Experience with Lawson (or similar) General Ledger system
- Experience with Hyperion Reporting and Budget System (or similar)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Problem solving – skillfully lead groups through problem solving situations
- Project Management – ability to develop and follow process
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE