Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Environmental Services Staff
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 132539
Category: Environmental/Linen Services
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for the cleaning and care of the environment in Perioperative Services
- Area of responsibility approximately 219,553 square feet includes:
- HUP PeriOp- 32 OR's, 3 Labor and Delivery OR's, PreOP, PACU, Ground White, Instrument Processing, Scope Processing, Staff Lounge, locker areas and Flyer-Sixers theater
- Cath/EP – 2 Cath labs and 5 EP rooms, Cardiac Recovery Unit, Staff Lounge and locker areas
- Perelman SurgiCentre – 8 OR's, Pre and Post Op Units, Instrument Processing, Staff Lounge and locker areas, Cardiac Cath and Cardiac biopsy suites
- Perelman Endoscopy Center – 10 procedure rooms, Pre and Post Op Units, scope Processing and GI practice
- Maintains Environmental Sanitation
- Dons appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Practices infection control isolation precautions according to Infection Control Isolation policy
- Prepares cleaning solution according to written standards
- Cleans equipment and maintains floor stock
- Pulls all trash & soiled linen and replace bags
- Properly disposes of infectious waste or linen
- Picks up all mats, shakes them to loosen debris and cleans floor underneath
- Cleans and shines sink in zone
- Checks zone for equipment and returns to proper location
- Dust mop, wet mop and/or auto scrub floors in zone
- Burnish floors according to schedule or as conditions warrant
- Stripping and waxing of floors according to schedule or as conditions warrant
- Cleans bathrooms in zone
- Replenishes paper products, soap and hand sanitizer in zone
- Checks, wipes and refill hand sanitizer dispensers in zone
- Completes high and low dusting in zone
- Reports any work-related injury according to Occupational Medicine: Employee Access and Blood-Borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan
- Performs periodic projects and cycle cleaning duties as assigned
- Demonstrates effective body mechanics when moving or lifting; request assistance for excessive weights
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Machines/Tools & Equipment
- Environmental services equipment, trash compactors and linen chutes.
- Floor care equipment
- Communication and Assignment Responsibilities
- Uses assigned telephone as appropriate (i.e. phone kept charged for optimal use, no prolonged personal use, safeguards and handles equipment with care, reports telephone problems promptly for resolution)
- Uses the appropriate notification system when accepting and/or completing all assignments
- Responds to assignment locations in a timely manner and comes back in service at the conclusion of an assignment without delay
- Reports any assignment delays or problems for resolution
- Patient/Customer Accountabilities
- Communicates in a professional and respectful manner with patients, visitors and fellow staff
- Reports for duty on time and in appropriate uniform maintaining professional appearance at all times
- Supports team members by assisting with work processes other than assigned role as required and/or necessary based on daily workloads
- Willingly assists with the orientation of new staff
- Patient/Employee Safety Accountabilities
- Completes all annual patient and hospital safety training
- Reports any unsafe conditions or patient clinical concerns to immediate supervisor or an appropriate clinician
- Utilizes Safety Net system to report events or conditions that compromise patient/employee safety or patient flow
- Notifies nurse regarding any equipment malfunctions or alarms
- Reports device failures and turns in equipment when appropriate for inspections and repairs
- Demonstrates an awareness of patient/employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of position
- Accepts changes in work location or duties in order to meet the operational needs of the unit
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
1 year (minimum) work experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE