Job ID: 129189
Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 10, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Applications are required through the Penn Medicine Career page. Please attach documents to your application.
Announcing a Penn Medicine Critical Care Advanced Practitioner Fellowship:
Penn Medicine will be hiring Providers (Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners and/or Masters prepared Physician Assistants) into a Critical Care Advanced Practitioner Fellowship Program.
This is a post graduate fellowship program designed for acute care certified nurse practitioners and certified physician assistants who have a lifelong commitment to learning and are seeking a career as a Critical Care Provider at Penn Medicine as there maybe opportunity for employment following the successful completion of this program. The purpose is to train qualified nurse practitioners and physician assistants to function as expert providers in Critical Care. This end is facilitated by a robust didactic curriculum and clinical rotations through Penn Medicine Critical Care Units to include: Surgical ICU, Medical ICU, Neuro ICU, Trauma ICU and Heart and Vascular ICU. Additionally, offered are clinical rotations with services commonly supporting critical care to include: Critical Care Nephrology, Palliative Care, and a myriad of related electives.
Department physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants participate as mentor/preceptors in this program. The focus of training is in the development of expertise in critical care where trainees will participate in 60 hours of work per week (50 clinical and 10 academic hours) including high fidelity simulation sessions. Each fellow is required to participate in and pass simulation competency evaluations. At the end of the program a Post Master’s certification is granted (3 CUs) from the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Upon successful completion of the Fellowship and credentialing through the University of Pennsylvania Medical Board, opportunities for employment may be available.
**Along with submitting this on-line application, the following must be included in order to be considered an applicant for the Fellowship (The recommendation letters can be attached to the application or emailed separately to [email protected])
• A one-page personal narrative describing professional goals and interest in post graduate training in Critical Care.
• A resume/CV, including a description of past critical care experience, if any.
• Three (3) letters of recommendation: one from your current or recent clinical supervisor/ physician/preceptor, one from an Academic Advisor/Faculty, and one employment supervisor.
**All applications will be reviewed by Recruitment and the Program Director, and Finalists for the Fellowship positions will be contacted to video interview up until the deadline. Virtual interviews will take place in June/July. Final selections will be completed by June 2022.
• Master’s prepared Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
• Pennsylvania state licensure and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner certification or Masters prepared Physician Assistant is required at time of start. (Must graduate and pass boards and successfully credentialed to begin this program)
• Ability to commit and work at least 60 hours (includes class time) per week (including nights, weekends and holidays) for the entire 12 month program.
• BLS, ACLS required.
• A Health Care Assessment, references and personal interview is required. In addition you must clear all required drug screen and back ground checks and attest as a non-tobacco user to be eligible.
**This 12 month Fellowship offers a very competitive salary, benefits and scheduled paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.