Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lab Manager - Sleep Medicine
Job ID: 138520
Pottstown, PA, United States
Jun 10, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This position is responsible for the overall management of all clinical sleep lab operations. This includes direct oversight of all clinical sleep lab technologists and lab support staff; optimizing patient access to clinical services, facilities and fiscal management. This position requires clear knowledge of all safety, regulatory, and sleep lab accreditation guidelines and processes.
In addition, the incumbent is responsible for improving the clinical sleep program through staff education, fostering partnerships with other departments across the health system entities, and is the primary liaison between both internal and external medical staff and all sleep center support staff.
- Staff management: hiring and on-boarding of all sleep technologists and lab support staff; performs annual evaluations and performance management, and is responsible for maintaining current staff licenses and certifications. Oversees staff continuing education; develops educational programs to support new technologies in the field.
- Patient Access: responsible for building and maintain all sleep lab patient and staff schedules for maximum efficiency. Collaborates with Practice Manager to optimize the patient scheduling process for both sleep lab and sleep practice visits. Works closely with all members of the management team to resolve customer service concerns.
- Fiscal Accountability: Responsible for maintaining fiscal responsibility with respect to salary and supply budgets. Has a clear understanding of financial drivers for the department and is able to optimize resources to achieve financial goals. Prepares monthly and end-of-year statistical reports for leadership budget preparation. Applicable knowledge of industry payer systems and their respective healthcare preauthorization guidelines.
- Operations: Leads all health-system and Joint Commission safety and regulatory inspections. Maintains all lab facilities according to health system and Joint Commission guidelines; assumes leadership role for all sleep lab accreditation processes. Performs periodic staffing analyses for efficiencies in operations. Sound knowledge of clinical workflows and its impact on the relationship between the clinical practice and the lab. Builds and maintains solid relationships with both internal and external providers and practices.
- Business Growth and Development: Actively seeks opportunities for clinical lab development to enhance patient experience and improve patient outcomes. Utilizes field research and professional educational opportunities in sleep medicine to identify practice trends.
- Quality (CEQI): Actively participates on the CEQI team in the development and implementation of processes designed to improve patient outcomes and the patient experience.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- RPSGT or RST (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Business required
- 5+ years of relevant experience including 3 years Supervisory experience required
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE