Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Job ID: 138620
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 12, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This role is expected to: Work closely with the Accounting Supervisor in maintaining day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department; Work well with operational management with timely communications and provide a customer service orientation of financial services to all constituencies; Participate in preparation of the monthly financial statement package; Identify and recommend functions for automation as appropriate; Provide timely and accurate service to Department Directors, Administration CFO, and other customers during the monthly close and budget process; Promote team playing with work group; Manage and complete special projects as assigned from managers and controllers in a timely and accurate fashion; prepare ad-hoc analyses and variance explanations as assigned and in support of the month end close process; Support the Annual Operating Budget Process as assigned; Maintain necessary schedules and documentation for monthly closings, quarterly reviews, and annual audit; Review financial data for accuracy, reasonableness, and completeness; Applies GAAP and HUP financial Reporting Standards without exception; Provides assistance as necessary with special projects, operating budget, and financial audit; Provides financial support to Controller and Department Directors as required.
- Technical skills and abilities must include a knowledge of accounting principles and concepts related to financial reporting and budgeting and the ability to analyze, compare, interpret, and suggest solutions to accounting and finance issues while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy. Dedication to the timely completion of all tasks, effective listening skills, and the ability to ask educated questions at appropriate times. Inclination to be a self-motivator and to apply creativity and conceptualization skills effectively with management. Promote a positive attitude toward other staff members. The ability to work independently and also as part of a team. Good command of the English language. Demonstrate punctuality and meet set department deadlines. Maintain a professional attitude at all times. Communicate effectively with assigned department financial managers and staff. Consistently adhere to departmental standards for a professional office environment. Constantly be aware of and adhere to UPHS employment policies and procedures.
- Preparation of the monthly Penn Medicine consolidating financial statements.
- Preparation of the monthly University Corporate Format version of Penn Medicine consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual external audit process which requires synthesizing various information, ensuring workflow and procedures are met and use of intuition and experience to oversee this process.
- Develops process and procedures for improvement of existing systems.
- Reviews consolidating financial statements and perform flux analysis to confirm accurate reporting.
- Maintenance of monthly analyses including, but not limited to: Cash reconciliations, cash reporting and projection analysis, intercompany reconciliation, etc.
- Completes analyses related to financial reporting and uploads of various entities financial results into GL system.
- Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance (Required)
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field (Preferred)
- 2+ years General Accounting and Budgeting, monthly financial close process (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication skills
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Regulations
- Self-motivated; ability to multi-task and manage rapidly changing priorities
- Experience with Lawson (or similar) General Ledger system
- Experience with Hyperion Reporting and Budget System (or similar)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Problem solving – skillfully lead groups through problem solving situations
- Project Management – ability to develop and follow process
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE