Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 138421
King of Prussia, PA, United States
Jun 13, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Manages the clinical and production pharmacy services provided to assigned patients. Checking of filled orders, supplies, pharmacy technicians and other pharmacist's work. Sterile compounding as needed or assigned. Hours of work: Generally Monday through Friday, 8:00A.M. to 6:00P.M. Incumbent will be required to rotate shifts, weekends, and holidays as required by the operating needs of Penn Home IT, and to rotate on-call.
- Accepts physician prescription orders and evaluates the appropriateness of these orders for dosage, drug choice, potential drug interactions, route of administration, stability, compatibility, and mode of administration (i.e. infusion device).
- Pharmacy participant in the development of a multi-disciplinary Plan of Care, establishment of goals and objectives of prescribed therapy in conjunction with physician, and recommendations for the most efficient and effective dose administration.
- Monitors patient(s) response to treatment by subjective and objective assessment. Monitors laboratory tests when necessary and obtains and discusses the results with nurses and physicians of the patient. Provides recommendations to improve/adjust therapy based on lab evaluations.
- Provides patient specific drug information to patient/caregiver, prescribing physicians, contracted nurse agencies, and other Penn Home IT clinicians.
- Develops plan for prevention of any potential drug-related problems.
- Effectively communicates and documents actions with physicians, nurses, and patients in the hard patient chart and software database.
- Ensures that the patient database is complete for relevant information related to medical status and therapy.
- Continual update and maintenance of required documentation by State and Federal government as well as JCAHO (i.e. prescription logs, patient medication profiles, patient charts, narcotic receipts, state pharmacy, and narcotic permit).
- Assists the physician nurse, and patient/caregiver with clinical and technical pharmacy support.
- Pharmaceutical production responsibilities include accurate dispensing of medication and ancillary infusion supplies appropriate for diagnosis and therapy prescribed. Supervises and inspects medication preparation of the pharmacy technicians.
- Daily communication with nursing, pharmacy technicians, physicians, patient service representatives, materials management, and distribution to address issues to provide continual positive patient outcomes.
- Performs any other related task as determined by the pharmacist or Director.
- Inspects, validates, certifies, and coordinates biomedical maintenance and tracks DME utilizing EquipTrax software.
- Places purchase orders for drugs and supplies in place of purchaser.
- Pharmacist (Required)
- Pennsylvania State Pharmacist License required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree BS in Pharmaceutical Science
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy
1+ years Experience with infusion therapies in hospital and/or home settings, and experience in patient care and medication counseling, preparation of parenteral products, drug therapy monitoring, clinical laboratory evaluation, drug and medical supply procurement and quality assurance
- experience in patient care and medication counseling, preparation of parenteral products, drug therapy monitoring, clinical laboratory evaluation, drug and medical supply procurement and quality assurance.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE