Job ID: 139295
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 14, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Greets patient, identifies self and interacts with patient to gain trust and insure patient support
· Perform hand hygiene before and after every patient encounter.
· Explains procedures to patient/family
· Prepares patients for procedures according to section protocols
· Performs procedures consistent with section protocols
· Monitors patient status, tolerance, well-being, and safety throughout and after procedure
· Verifies patient identity and insures preparation for procedure by using two patient identifiers (full name, date of birth, medical record number).
· Thoroughly completes all per and post exam paperwork, specific to the Department protocol for the exam being performed. This includes but not limited to: patient questionnaire, contrast administration documentation, medication reconciliation, post exam care, etc.
· Aids radiologists, doctors and other UPHS team members in completing procedures according to applicable protocol
· Ensures that patient’s status and care is sustained while patient is in Radiology, i.e. IV needs, O2 needs, etc.
· Responds to emergency situations according to department/hospital policies
· Administers contrast agents where applicable. Identifies high risk patients are brought to the attention of the Radiologist. Responds to any need, issue or concern of a patient while the patient is in there care. Takes care of the need and/or had the need addressed as needed.
· Compete hand off communication before and after every exam per hospital protocol and department process.
Maintains supply stock levels in rooms needed for daily operation of the section
Distributes section supplies and insures that they are placed in secure storage areas
Communicates need for and/or acquires supplies needed for section protocols (e.g. contrasts, isotopes, catheters, etc.)
Cleans and prepares equipment for sterilization to insure availability of sterile equipment
Education or Equivalent Experience:
High School graduate/equivalent. Must have graduated from approved school of Radiology .
Two plus years experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.