Job ID: 137848
West Chester, PA, United States
Jun 14, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Working in collaboration with the Senior VP and VP for Development, the Director of Development, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, is responsible for developing and advancing a strategic fund-raising plan designed to raise philanthropic dollars to support Chester County Hospital. The Director of Development reports to the Vice President, Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsibilities include developing strategies for outright and planned gifts from prospective donors / prospects, including structuring and coordinating development staff, volunteer and physician interaction with prospects.
2. Develops annual comprehensive fund raising plan that encourages giving at all levels, but places a strong emphasis on raising upper-level annual gifts ($10,000+) and major gifts ($25,000+) from identified and cultivated potential donors.
3. An independent self-starter who works closely with the Development team to plan regular involvement in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts.
4. Manages a portfolio of upper-level annual gift, major gift and planned giving prospects (primarily individuals and families). Schedules and completes a predetermined number of monthly stewardship and solicitation visits as directed by the Senior Vice President and Vice President to meet overall fiscal year goals.
5. Works collaboratively with all staff members and volunteers. Oversees effort to identify, recruit, train (solicitation and planned giving) and work collaboratively with volunteer leadership.
6. Designs and implements long-term strategic plans for elevating awareness of mission, impact, fund raising efforts and donor opportunities (current and deferred) to a wider range of potential donors.
7. Develops a planned giving marketing plan to attract, retain and inform planned giving prospects. Actively mines the database for potential prospects to maintain an up to date planned giving prospect list.
8. Stewards the planned giving 1892 Society, ensuring proper donor recognition and ongoing cultivation for existing members and to increase membership.
9. Conducts (and contracts services for when needed) proactive prospect research to ensure new upper-level annual, major gift and planned gift prospects are being identified.
10. Stewards the planned giving society, the 1892 Society, ensuring proper donor recognition and ongoing cultivation for existing members and to increase membership.
11. Measures progress on all facets of the major gift and planned giving Development Program weekly, monthly and annually using approved gift reporting standards (CASE, AFP and NACUBO)
12. Prepare and review documents for planned gift arrangements for prospective donors, as well as provide tax and estate planning information.
13. Strong ability to establish objectives, set performance standards, and organize a successful approach to achieving fund raising goals. High motivation and capacity for hard work in a team environment.
Education Training and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least five years of progressively successful fund raising experience in soliciting planned gifts and major gifts ($25,000 and more).
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· Ability to embrace and articulate the mission, core values, and aspirations of this non-profit.
· Prior experience working in healthcare will be valued.
· Passion and creative energy for major gift and planned giving fund raising.
· Strong experience in development procedures and practices, including goal-setting, work-planning, volunteer training and program evaluation.
· Excellent computer skills including database reporting, word processing, spreadsheets. Experience using Raisers Edge will be valued.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.