Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Marketing Coordinator, Cancer & Surgery Service Lines
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 136121
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Under the supervision of the Directors and Marketing Managers, develop and implement marketing activities related to a service line or program. Maintain collaborative working relationships with members of the service line administration and physician leadership and work with the Directors and Managers on developing and executing strategic marketing plans. Project management to include working directly with internal staff, vendors and managing budget.
- In collaboration with the Director and Marketing Manager, work with representatives in all entities from clinical/medical/surgical departments and administration to develop, plan and implement and evaluate marketing plans and initiatives.
- With the Director or Manager, meet with service line administration and physician leaders to discuss growth objectives and marketing needs for priority programs.
- In collaboration with the Director or Manager, develop strategic marketing plans for service lines and develop strategic marketing plans for programs within assigned service lines.
- In collaboration with the Director or Manager, develop and manage and track budgets for service line programs and projects.
- Conduct market analysis utilizing quantitative and qualitative marketing information to guide the development of differentiated programs, insightful marketing strategies and targeted tactics.
- In collaboration with the Manager, develop and guide physician liaison outreach strategies by identifying opportunities for new referral relationships or optimize existing referral relationshps through analysis of all existing referral trends both internal and external.
- In collaboration with the Director or Manager review strategic components of the marketing plan with service line leadership.
- Communicate with client about progress of marketing plan development and implementation throughout all phases of the project.
- Independently lead collaborative multi-client service team consisting of all areas of marketing including market research, web, physician liaisons, design group to implement approved marketing projects - incorporate PR, SDS, and Development, when appropriate.
- Analyze and report on campaign results including ROI to evaluate the success of the initiative and guide future efforts.
- Ensure that services offered to internal administrators and physician groups are supportive, provide value-added service, and are cost effective.
With supervision, determine programmatic goals and objectives by:
- Identifying target audiences;
- Creating strategies designed to achieve goals;
- Developing and managing budgets for plan and projects;
- Determining the impediments to good service/care (that marketing cannot resolve);
- Designing strategic marketing plan, implementing plan, evaluating results;
- Act as liaison between clinical departments, Penn Medicine and Marketing Department and involve other necessary health system services in planning process, including but not limited to Strategic Decision Support, Public Affairs, Development, CME and Managed Care.
- With supervision, strategize with appropriate administrators, chairs, and physicians to manage, develop and implement marketing communications tactics.
- Serve as a liaison to external agencies for media, creative, development and production.
- Coordinate, edit and proofread all assigned projects, including but not limited to, advertisements, newsletters, brochures, directories, informational sheets, digital campaigns or web content
- Coordinate direct mail and CRM projects, working directly with vendors to determine costs, deadline and delivery.
- Work with photographers, videographers, freelancers, illustrators, in coordinating with Creative Services and web services.
- Coordinate special events such as seminars, conferences and retreats, as necessary.
- Track all budgets and complete variance reports, if necessary; submit and track all invoices related to budget.
- Serve on task forces and committees, as necessary.
- Assist in the development of quarterly reports on marketing.
- Maintain awareness of new developments nationally and regionally and new health care trends that affect service line and industry.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience - Marketing Coordinator:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required); preferably in Marketing, Business, Communications, Sciences, or English
- 5+ years of Marketing experience (Required)
- Project management experience, account/client management with senior leadership (Preferred)
- Marketing experience in healthcare or a healthcare-related field (e.g. pharmaceuticals, healthcare insurance, etc.) (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE