Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Home Health Aide - Princeton
Job ID: 138850
Category: Certified Home Health Aide
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Princeton Junction, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jun 15, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is hiring for Certified Home Health Aides in the Mercer/ Middlesex county and surrounding areas (Central NJ). We have Per Diem, Part Time, and Full Time Openings- serving Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty, and Extended visits. Apply today to see what territory and shift works best for you.
- The Penn Medicine Princeton Caregivers Home Health Aide is responsible for implementing a Plan of Care, assisting the patient/family with performing personal care tasks, and assisting with the activities of daily living. A Home Health Aide is responsible for completing timely and accurate submission of patient documentation.
- Patient Care – Directly performs or assists with bathing, oral hygiene, skin and hair care of the patient. Prepares light meals for patients and assists with eating. Assists with the clothing of patient. Assists the patient with use of a bedpan, commode, and urinal. Empty Foley catheter drainage bag and records amount on weekly Home Health Aide weekly report when applicable.
- Exercise and Transfers- Provides assistance with home exercise programs. Assists with patient’s ambulatory and with bed to chair transfer. Turns patients in bed to positions of comfort.
- Patient Environment - Performs household and other environmental services tasks specified in the Home Health Aide Plan. Assists with pre-poured medications, which are ordinarily self-administered. Provides respite care to relieve primary caregiver as assigned.
- Documentation - Accurately documents care provided to patients on a timely basis according to Medicare/JCAHO standards. Completes allotment of hours as ordered by department and communicates changes in schedule. Documents and verifies with signature on Home Health Aide Activity Sheets and obtain caregiver or authorized facility signature.
- Communication - Communicates any unusual findings and/or occurrences, obvious changes in patient’s physical, mental or social status, home safety hazards, refusal of care, or patient/family dissatisfaction to the primary nurse and/or Home Health Aide Supervisor. Promotes easy communication between the family, RN Case Manager and Scheduling Coordinator.
- Plan of Care - Follows the written care plan in relation to days of week and number of hours assigned for patient visits. Provides care only as outlined in the Plan of Care unless instructed by Case Manager of designee.
- Employee Travel - Employee must provide their own transportation to and from patient’s homes and meet current state requirements for operating a motor vehicle.
- Education - Attends annual in-services and completes a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education annually. Demonstrates understanding and adherence to PMAH procedures. Meets all competencies as defined for Home Health Aides.
- Certified Home Health Aide (Required)
- Driver's License
- Car Insurance
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- One (1) year recent experience as a Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
Various Scopes of Practice
- Home Health
- Extended Visits
- Part Time
- Full Time
- Per Diem
- Various location in NJ
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE