Job ID: 138053
Radnor, PA, United States
Jun 15, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The LPN will assist the team of physicians and nurses with skin testing, medication/food challenges and immunological injections. Other responsibilities include observation post injections for potential adverse reactions. Able to work closely with Allergy team and providers.
The Licensed Practical Nurse assists physicians and performs healthcare services to patients in hospitals, private homes, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. Monitors and charts patients, collects sample, and performs other tasks as assigned, all under the direction of registered nurses and doctors. Accountabilities • Administers prescribed medications, gives injections and vaccines, reads PPD results.
• Performs electrocardiograms (EKG) and screening tests.
• Obtains and tests specimens following standard operating procedures and documents results, taking appropriate action with unexpected results. Prepares specimens for transport as necessary.
• Triages patient telephone encounters and includes provider when necessary. • Assists provider with surgical procedures including positioning patients, keeping a sterile field, and wound cleaning and dressing.
• Prepares paperwork to complete patient visit.
• Obtains and documents patient's vital signs as needed and reports abnormal results to provider.
• Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and checks to make sure all instruments and equipment are in proper working order.
• Maintains medication storage closets.
• Participates in orienting new team members.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education/Experience Req :
Other Practice Nursing School And 1+ years Outpatient experience
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications Req Licensed Practical Nurse LPN and CPR
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.