Job ID: 138390
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Jun 16, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
As a member of the Penn Medicine Princeton Health Senior Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Entity Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and functioning as a member as the Systemwide Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT); the CHRO, is responsible for the administration and coordination of human resource programs, policies and functions for employees, Non-Payrolled Resource (NPR), and temporary workers. The CHRO will provide leadership and direction for entity human resources personnel and programming, including employee relations, talent management, training & development, retention, compensation, health benefits administration, employee recognition, and performance management. They will also function as the Penn Medicine Princeton Health lead for other HR functional areas in conjunction with Systemwide Human Resources and various corporate HR functions/SMEs
The CHRO will function as the senior leader and advisor to the CEO and their team on all human resources matters affecting operations:
· As part of the Entity Senior Leadership Team, act as the Human Resources expert for the entity, lead and recommend organizational changes involving HR to meet entity needs and optimize performance, customer service and accountability.
· Assure that the entity is compliant with all required state, local and Federal regulations for all aspects of employment practices.
· Provide leadership and direction for human resources at the Entity, manage the operations of the entity Human Resources office, and manage employees within the department.
· Manage the Entity HR budget within approved allocation.
· Evaluate training and development program needs to enhance and develop entity employee’s skills and address entity objectives.
· Create an environment within human resources that provides quality service to all employees, contractors (NPR’s), volunteers and physicians.
· Support the System and Entity commitment to diversity and inclusion through the development and implementation of various programs and initiatives.
Leads the development of local Human Resources strategic planning and considers system level efforts as well as local and national trends in Human Resources management.
Develops annual goals and objectives for the Human Resources Department. Reviews department performance in relation to established goals implementing changes to effect continual improvement in the services provided.
Drives staff retention by developing Human Capital Management programs with a focus on staff development, growth and wellbeing.
Lead organizational development and effectiveness initiatives including leader development, succession planning and change management.
Provides assistance and counsel to entity CEO and senior leadership team on key Human Resources matters, such as talent acquisition, compensation strategy and workforce planning.
Serves as the primary liaison with corporate HR functional leaders, including compensation, employee benefits, HRIS, Penn Medicine Academy and Talent Acquisition. Ensures that local needs are addressed through partnership and collaboration with these areas.
Provides oversight to HR team members responsible for managing employee relations matters. Embed empathy, just culture related to employee relations matters. Ensures a thorough and consistent approach in investigations, HR recommendations and resolutions. Ensure that all employee actions are handled with an eye towards minimizing legal risk.
Leads local entity diversity and inclusion efforts through the development and implementation of various programs and initiatives. Ensures that system level efforts are incorporated and local efforts are aligned with system efforts.
Develops and sustains efforts to enhance the employee experience including establishing onboarding approaches that ensure employees are set up for success.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree is required, a Master's Degree is preferred. In addition, a minimum of 5-8 years related work experience is required
PHR, SPHR or SHRM Certifications are preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.