Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Director Cybersecurity Architecture and Advisory
Job ID: 129714
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 16, 2022
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Director, Cybersecurity Architecture and Advisory reports to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and provides multi-faceted leadership for all cybersecurity architecture and cybersecurity engagement functions. The role is responsible for ensuring that technical solution roadmaps are in place for all cybersecurity domains to guide future investments, and that appropriate and timely cybersecurity design guidance is provided in support of all new business and IT project implementations.
- Directs and oversees the development of cybersecurity enterprise architecture plans, future state architecture, and technical solution roadmaps
- Develops and matures processes to ensure that cybersecurity engagements in support of business and IT projects are delivered with the highest quality, in a consultative manner, and with a partnership, customer-focused mindset
- Develops professional, accurate, and well researched business cases to gain buy-in for investments in new cybersecurity technologies
- Develops and maintains relationships with both internal Cybersecurity program stakeholders, other IT groups, and business areas across the organization
- Stays abreast of current and emerging IT and Cybersecurity technologies, and fosters the spirit of innovation within the cybersecurity architecture team
- Develops and gains a broad understanding of the business operations and their characteristics with a view to delineating those that may have Cybersecurity implications
- Develops a deep understanding of the organization and an ability to navigate it with little friction to contribute to the achievement of set Cybersecurity program goals
- Promotes Cybersecurity services in alignment with organizational strategies, champions and communicates their value across the enterprise
- Defines, develops, and implements meaningful metrics to measure and improve the efficacy of Cybersecurity Architecture and Advisory capabilities
- Develops career paths and development plans for the Cybersecurity Architecture and Advisory team through both formal and information mechanism such as on-spot or regular feedback, periodic performance review, training, and other development
- Provides coaching and mentorship to nurture the development of staff in line with organization’s mission and values
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
- At least 10 years of experience working in Information Technology required.
- At least 7 years of experience working within cybersecurity required.
- At least 5 years of management/leadership experience required.
- Ability to establish future state architecture and technical capability roadmaps, and execute complex, multi-year initiatives
- Ability to build and lead a team of experienced cybersecurity solution architects to partner closely with application/IT implementation projects, designing project-specific technical cybersecurity controls
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex IT project with significant enterprise change management requirements
- Proven analytical rigor in formulating strategies, objectives and measuring results
- Sense of urgency in implementing programs and evaluating priorities; decisive, action-oriented, and practical
- Strong skills and experience in designing and documenting complex processes, and identifying and eliminating deficiencies in existing process designs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, partners, and industry peers.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully developing and maturing cybersecurity functions with emphasis on delivering results.
- Experience in staffing, mentoring, coaching, and managing multiple teams and functions
- Effective communication skills and ability to synthesize complex technical topics for non-technical audiences
- Expert knowledge of cybersecurity architecture and deep architectural understanding of a wide variety of cybersecurity technologies, such as cloud, data and network protection, identity protection, threat and vulnerability management, and others
- Expert understanding of cybersecurity control frameworks
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department! Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities. Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of six (6) hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 8,923 physicians. http://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE