Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nursing Supervisor PMPH
Job ID: 138851
Princeton Junction, NJ, United States
Jun 16, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Nursing Supervisor is accountable for the planning, coordinating and delivery of quality care and services, maintaining supervision and direction of nursing and paraprofessional services. The supervisor takes reasonable steps to ensure that services are available; care and services provided by the staff are coordinated and integrated; policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of care and services are developed and implemented. Responsibilities are performed in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
- Provides direct supervision of all certified home health aides, companions, LPNs, and RNs.
- Assures that the home care staff is performing their duties and responsibilities according to their position description. Completes all probationary and annual performance reviews for all field staff.
- Performs and documents the initial evaluation visit, reassessment and supervisory visits for all patients. Maintains current and accurate patient records.
- Conducts orientation program for all new PCG employees. Coordinates and participates in CHHA training program as needed.
- Plans and conducts inservice programs and staff meeting for home health aides and nurses.
- Creates a customer-friendly environment consistent with the Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro patient-care model. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, families, representatives as well as employees, volunteers and medical staff.
- Performs chart reviews to ensure compliance with State Department of Health and JC regulations.
- Demonstrated age-related knowledge for the care of the elderly. As applicable, demonstrates knowledge in the care of newborns, pediatrics, and adolescents to middle age.
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
- Registered Nurse currently licensed by the State of New Jersey required required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Educational Requirements:
• Associate's Degree Nursing (ASN) - required
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - preferred
• Master's Degree in Nursing - preferred
Related Work Experience:
• 2-4 year's experience as an RN - required
• Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience - required
License, Registration, and Certification Requirements:
• Registered Nurse currently licensed by the State of New Jersey required RN
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE