Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Home Health Aide- Princeton Home Health
Job ID: 138854
Category: Certified Home Health Aide
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton Junction, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jun 16, 2022
Work Schedule: Full time- Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Penn Medicine Princeton Health Home Health Aide is responsible for implementing a Plan of Care, assisting the patient/family with performing personal care tasks and assisting with the activities of daily living. The individual is responsible for performing home health or hospice visits throughout a designated service area. A Home Health Aide is responsible for completing timely and accurate submission of patient documentation.
- Patient Care – Directly performs or assists with bathing, oral hygiene, skin and hair care of the patient. Prepares light meals for patients and assists with eating. Assists with the clothing of patient. Assists the patient with use of a bedpan, commode and urinal. Empty Foley catheter drainage bag and records amount on weekly Home Health Aide weekly report when applicable.
- Exercise and Transfers- Provides assistance with home exercise programs to an assigned group of patients. Assists with patient’s ambulatory and with bed to chair transfer. Turns patients in bed to positions of comfort.
- Patient Environment - Performs household and other environmental services tasks specified in the Home Health Aide Plan that are essential to entity. Assists with pre-poured medications, which are ordinarily self-administered. Provides respite care to relieve primary caregiver as assigned.
- Documentation - Accurately documents care provided to patients on a timely basis according to Medicare/JCAHO standards. Completes allotment of hours as ordered by department and communicates changes in schedule. Documents and verifies care provided in EMR.
- Communication - Communicates any unusual findings and/or occurrences, obvious changes in patient’s physical, mental or social status, home safety hazards, refusal of care, or patient/family dissatisfaction to the primary nurse and/or Home Health Aide Supervisor. Promotes easy communication between the family, RN Case Manager and Scheduling Coordinator.
- Plan of Care - Follows the written care plan in relation to days of week and number of hours assigned for patient visits. Provides care only as outlined in the Plan of Care unless instructed by Case Manager of designee. Reviews biweekly IDT Plan of Care before providing care to patients.
- Employee Travel - Employee must provide their own transportation to and from patient’s homes and meet current state requirements for operating a motor vehicle.
- Education - Attends annual in-services and completes a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education annually. Demonstrates understanding and adherence to PMAH procedures. Meets all competencies as defined for Home Health Aides.
- Certified Home Health Aide (Required)
- Driver's License
- Car Insurance
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- One (1) year recent experience as a Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
Service areas Available:
- North Team- (Princeton -08540, 08541,08542, 08543, 08544) North Team POD 2 North (Ewing, Lawrence, West Trenton -08618, 08628, 08638, 08648)
- South Team - (Route 27,Kingston, Dayton, Franklin Park, Milltown, Mon. Junction, Rocky Hill, North Brunswick - 08528, 08810, 08823, 08850, 08852, 08853, 08902, 08824)
- South Team 2- (Princeton Junction/Plainsboro -08536, 08550)
Full Time/Part Time/ Per Diem available
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE