Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Billing and Data Coordinator
Job ID: 137004
PT -19 HOURS
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 16, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Billing and Data Coordinator serves as a resource for peers across PAH and other Penn Medicine entities for Cardiology Services billing, data, and financial responsibilities.
- Perform daily charge entry and reconciliation across all invasive and non-invasive departments. Manage and oversee all processes, procedures, and protocols related to billing and charging processes. This includes managing MD report timeliness, monitor bills for compliance issues, and provide follow-up. Dispute any discrepancies identified through vendor invoices and ensure that the hospital is billed correctly. Educate clinical staff and MD's to ensure accurate and complete charging and documentation. Partner with peers across Penn Medicine Heart & Vascular Service Line to maintain consistent case counting hierarchy.
- Compiles, distributes to Executive leadership, and manages a wide variety of departmental statistical data reports on a monthly basis including those related to case volumes, MD referrals, supply/device utilization, MD report timeliness, EKG timeliness, and perform a variety of statistical and financial analysis as needed.
- Oversee all service contracts across Cardiology Services departments. Collaborate with vendors, Purchasing, Cardiology Leadership, and Accounting to maintain service contracts and financially manage these.
- Devise, manage and provide oversight for the Cardiac Device Warranty program at PAH. Submit all device and lead claims in addition to securing all warranty credits with accounts payable and patient accounting. Identify discrepancies for devices denied warranty credits and appeals manufacturer's decisions. Coordinate recalls and warranty advisories for cardiac devices and supplies in all Cardiology departments. Serve as a health system lead for the Penn Medicine Warranty Program. Participate in regular leadership meetings, provide insight and warranty information to committee members.
- Oversee and manage Non-Penn employed Provider Cath Lab case registrations, Epic scheduling, and collaborate with provider office and Patient Access in securing case requirements. Responsible for any scheduling changes in addition to documentation of insurance authorizations.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure timely product procurement, warranty credit processes, etc. Hold vendors accountable to these processes. Manage and order all non-inventory items for EP department and process Bill Only PO's for EP and Cath Lab. Partner with Accounting to identify monthly accruals in each Cardiology department and submit them timely.
- Participate in all department business meetings (i.e. Cath lab, EP, etc.) and present applicable data.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Diploma or GED and 5+ years billing and charge entry experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Associate's Degree preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE