Job ID: 140014
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 20, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The role of the Infusion Nurse Manager is an integrated role with the Cancer Service Line (CSL) Shared Services Clinic (SSC). The Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting clinical and administrative leadership with the management of Infusion and CSL SSC operations at the Abramson Cancer Center (ACC) in the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine (PCAM). The scope of this role will provide direct management to PCAM Infusion nursing staff, as well as clinical oversight for all clinical staff in the CSL SCCs at PCAM, in partnership with administrative leadership. The Infusion Nurse Manager will enhance the delivery of complex patient care, collaborating with clinical and administrative teams across all Departments and Divisions across the CSL to ensure processes are standardized and integrated, while recognizing and maintaining disease-specific nuances when clinically appropriate.
The Infusion Nurse Manager will have shared responsibility for staffing, regulatory compliance, employee performance management, clinical education and competency, exam room and infusion room utilization, and patient throughput across Clinic, Phlebotomy, and Infusion at the ACC. The activities of the Infusion Nurse Manager shall support nursing department goal alignment with hospital, Clinical Practice of the University of Pennsylvania (CPUP), and UPHS strategic goals. The Infusion and CSL SCC clinical operations are further described in the following domains:
• Clinical Education Management for all Clinical Staff
• Staff education, skills training, orientation, onboarding, and competency programs for clinical staff, including RNs, CSAs,
CMAs, LPNs, and Phlebotomists
• Complex Care Coordination across Infusion and CSL SSCs
• Multidisciplinary patient navigation and patient throughput management across Clinic, Infusion, Lab, Home Care, and Inpatient
• Clinical Coordination and Partnership within the CSL
• Navigation into CSL services, triage for multidisciplinary care across Heme Onc, Gyn Onc, Surg Onc, Rad Onc, Ortho, Radiology, and other multidisciplinary partners
• Patient On-site Management and Throughput
• Clinical oversight of RNs, CSAs, CMAs, LPNs, and Phlebotomists in on-site patient navigation, including facility way-finding, intake, coordinated services across Infusion, Lab, Radiation, in-person and virtual outpatient discharge planning, waiting room capacity management, clinic room utilization, patient experience, provider experience, partnership with administrative Clinic leadership, Infusion leadership, Lab leadership, and Pharmacy leadership
• Clinical Quality and Safety Quality and safety oversight related to clinical protocols and reporting, leading and implementing effective multi-departmental, multidisciplinary quality improvement and process improvement initiatives based upon identified needs, data analytics, and trends.
The Nurse Manager will collaborate with clinical and administrative teams across all sites to ensure processes are standardized and integrated, while recognizing and maintaining local operational process variance where clinically appropriate.
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required:
Graduate of an NLN approved school of professional nursing. Currently licensed as a professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required. A minimum of three years of progressive nursing experience with demonstrated leadership skills. Matriculated in a graduate Nursing program preferred.
MSN / Master's prepared experience a plus. This position will primarily cover at the PCAM Infusion location, but will include coverage as needed for all 12 Penn Medicine Infusion Suites throughout UPHS.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.