Job ID: 136230
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jun 21, 2022
Work Schedule: Every other weekend, evening shift.
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a part-time Med Lab Tech to work the evening shift within the microbiology lab.
Join Penn Medicine Princeton – a fun place to work where the best technologists come to build on each other’s talents and provide state of the art laboratory services to our patients. The laboratory is clean, bright and housed in a beautiful new hospital that offers free onsite parking and other amenities. The laboratory currently focuses on microbiology but will allow you to build your skills in chemistry, hematology and blood bank. Flexible hours are available and you can chose to work five eight-hour shifts, or four ten-hour shifts. Make the move that will advance your clinical laboratory knowledge and apply today.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all standard laboratory procedures within a section following predetermined guidelines and procedures
2. Understands and functions within the guidelines of the laboratories QC/PM Program.
3. Follows and adjusts to pre-established methods of problem solving. Where unable to resolve a problem, will consult with the Section Head
4. Completes daily assigned workload efficiently and within all regulatory guidelines
5. Communicates with physicians and nursing staff in the transmission of results within the expected timelines
• Associate’s degree in chemical, biological or clinical science/medical technology science, MLT required
• One to three years clinical laboratory preferred. Exposure to all clinical laboratory departments preferred.
• Must be MLT certified, and (ASCP or NA) eligible.
• If candidate does not possess ASCP certification, they must be eligible to take the exam within 6 months of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.