Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PeriOp Lead Inventory Receiver
Job ID: 139518
Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 21, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- At the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Perlman Center for Advanced Medicine, the PeriOp Lead Inventory Receiver is responsible tissue tracking and leading a team focused on PeriOp shipping and receiving for the 25,000 OR cases, 8,000 Cathlab procedures, 21,000 EP procedures, 2,000 IR neuro procedures and 20,000 Endoscopy / Pulmonary procedures that are performed annually at HUP East, HUP West, Perelman Surgicenter and Endoscopy to proceed without interrupting the safety of patient care. Facilitate active communication between Perioperative Supply Chain staff and all Perioperative Clinical and Perioperative Business Operations staff in dealing with supply chain matters. In collaboration with Director and nurse leaders' work with all levels of supply chain and management in establishing and maintaining appropriate flow of supplies and equipment. PeriOp Lead Inventory Receiver is part of the Customer Support and Supply Chain team. The PeriOp Lead Inventory Receiver will lead a team focused on receiving (electronically and/or physically), inspecting, counting and noting any discrepancies on incoming and outgoing freight. Record all quantities received on purchase orders, both on paper and in the system to ensure accurate processing and audit trails. In addition, to read, write, follow and comply with procedures and policies and perform simple arithmetic calculations. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, management, clinicians and other relevant hospital areas. The PeriOp Lead Inventory Receiver provides leadership and support to all Perioperative areas for Supply Chain Management in the areas of on shipping/receiving, tissues management, supply distribution, expense reduction. Problem solver with accuracy and a high attention to detail. Organization and control of inventory functions to achieve optimal service standards and fiscal accountability. Champions service excellence as a frontline team member of PeriOp Supply Chain, provides optimal service to the surgeons and clinical teams. This position works with clinical staff and physicians to ensure that all supply chain operations address and improve clinical outcomes, patient safety, variation, quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Leads a team of two focused on PerOp Shipping and Receiving.
- Able to perform all duties of the Materials Service Partner II when needed.
- Communications vital information to prevent further delays in receiving shipment of supplies and equipment.
- Receiving products into inventory, unload and inspect products for damage, verify receipt of items in Lawson.
- Research/resolve inventory discrepancies to maintain consistent flow of surgical supplies and equipment.
- Utilizing Lawson to update inventory changes (incoming and outgoing).
- Assist with regular inventory counts.
- Professional communication by phone and email with both staff and vendors.
- Contributes to team effort by working with cross-functional teams including Operations, Purchasing, and Quality.
- Verifies that appropriate items are received by checking against packing slip and purchase order.
- Notifies inventory team of shortages and overages; communicates with Buyers issues with discrepant shipments.
- Responds to emergencies outside normal working hours.
- Manages and maintains cleanliness / organization of PeriOp Supply spaces/rooms.
- Accountable for ensuring all orders are received and meets Penn Medicine audit/regulatory controls and business guidelines; seeks to optimize customer satisfaction by acting as the single point of contact (SPOC)
- Push inventory carts carrying up to or exceeding 50-pounds of items, and objects
- Operate a Forklift and pallet jacks in building on daily basis
- Actively contribute to ongoing continuous improvement efforts and projects.
- Work under close supervision on routine work and general duties.
- Utilizes hospital computer systems to properly account for issues, returns and receipts of new materials and associated back orders.
- Keeps PeriOp Supply Chain Management / Nursing aware of all correspondence with vendor representatives, regarding new product, discontinued product and backordered product.
- Teach and train new employees related to the task of inventory/receiving processes.
- Manage critical tissue inventory- communicate with vendors, physicians and nursing.
- Alloderm – Allergan
- Axogen – nerve graft and nerve connector
- Community Tissue Services – bone segments and tissue.
- Maxxeus Allograft – Grafton putty and allomax
- Cryolife – aortic valve, thoracic aorta, artery, vein
- Manages Mobile Aspects Automated Tissues Tracking Program
- iRISecure Software and iRISecure Cabinets program manager
- PeriOp subject matter expect tissues tracking
- Communications and rectifies gaps in tissues record keeping
- Review EPIC Optime records for the required implant information in order to replace consigned inventory and notifying nursing/supply leadership of errors in documentation.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 2+ years Experience in a Healthcare setting.; Experience in Supply Chain/Warehousing; Experience in stocking and inventory
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Supply Chain, Business, Health Care Administration or Related field
Experience in a Healthcare setting. Experience in Healthcare Supply Chain
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE