Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Director of Patient Care Services and Service Line Director, Penn Medicine Princeton Health
Job ID: 139533
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Jun 22, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Director of Patient Care Services maintains the responsibility, authority and accountability for patient care administration and practice in defined areas of responsibility at PMC and for the creation of an environment or culture that enables Penn Medicine Princeton Health to fulfill its mission and meet or exceed its goals. The Director of Patient Care Services assists the Chief Nursing Officer/Vice President of Patient Care Services to implement the mission, vision and values, evidenced based practice, and policies of Penn Medicine Princeton Health throughout a defined area of responsibility at PMC. In addition to the leadership responsibilities described above, the Director of Patient Care Services provides operational oversight to: med-surg units and telemetry while overseeing the neuro and stroke programs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clinical leadership for patient care within the assigned clinical areas. Responsibilities include the planning, organizing, directing and evaluation of the clinical care.
- Accountable for the measurement, assessment and improvement in nurse-sensitive patient and organizational outcomes, as well as the assurance of a professional nursing practice environment in which registered nurses are autonomous, govern their practice and are empowered to provide effective, efficient, safe and compassionate quality care
- Creates an environment in a defined area of responsibility at UMCP that enables PMPH to fulfill its mission, vision and values. Provides for and promotes a well-managed hospital and health care system, with clear lines of responsibility and accountability.
- Supports the governance of PMPH to ensure a proper framework for the safety and the delivery of quality patient care, treatment and services practiced in defined areas of responsibility at UMCP.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of PMPH that is reflected in long range, strategic and operational plans, resource allocations and organizational policies. Provides organization, direction and staffing for care, treatment and services in defined areas at UMCP.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Science of Nursing
- Preferred - Master’s Degree: Science of Nursing
Related Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of clinical practice in one or more specialty areas.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive nursing leadership and management experience, preferably in academic health settings.
- Experience background must include clinical and administrative practice
Licensure, Certification, Skills Required
- Current Licensure as Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New Jersey
- ANCC Certification as Advanced Nurse Executive (NEA-BC) preferred or timeline to complete.
- Preferred - Lean Six Sigma training preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE