Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Card Support Device Technician- VAD- Hospital the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 138469
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 22, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Works with MCS clinical team, physicians and nurses to provide clinical services and patient care within the scope of practice to a challenging patient population. This role requires clinical and working knowledge in the devices used by the MCS Program in order to participate in activities to support patients with Ventricular Assist Devices. Responsibilities include but not limited to device maintenance, equipment inventory, patient transport, and education in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. The role also participates in device data retrieval/ analysis and quality improvement initiatives.
- Equipment Management: Inventory and management of VAD and other related equipment; maintain equipment storage; transport equipment to designated areas; new equipment retrieval from delivery locations and log-in; cleaning of used inpatient equipment; interact with Clinical Engineering for device safety check, annual performance checks, inventory management; interact with manufacturers on warranty items, product returns, product replacements; order replacement stock per patient
- Patient Care: track and mange all equipment assigned to patients; coordinate any annual maintenance with third-party providers (DME); obtain a DME supplier for patient equipment and supplies; assign equipment to patients and maintain accurate device logs; assist with transport and monitoring in stable patients within the hospital as well as to extended care facilities; interact with DME suppliers with regards to device management; support the clinical team with new implants, device set-up, ensuring available inventory; supports patient education and preparation
- Device data retrieval: submission of log files and other requested information to the manufacturer; review equipment for adequate performance
- Quality: assist in device upgrades and device recalls and maintain clear documentation of any related activities; identify areas for patient care improvement and safety concerns; attend and participate in discussions regarding outcomes and quality performance
- Teamwork/Communication: daily communication with clinical team and direct supervisor; interacts effectively with multidisciplinary team members in various roles and departments within and outside the organization
- Customer Service: Responsible for communications with patient and families in a friendly professional caring manner; preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and visitors according to Penn Health system policy; responds with empathy to patient, families and significant others.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Certified Medical Assistant
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- BLS. Patient interaction and/or working in clinical environment 1-2 years.
Previous related medical experience or completion of related medical/science college level courses, certificate or degree preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE