Job ID: 140803
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 23, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is seeking a Level II Respiratory Therapist.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients. Respiratory Care Practitioners shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient. The RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs of the patient. The Respiratory Care Practitioner complies with all rules and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies. The RCP shall complete continuing education to maintain compliance with the State of Pennsylvania licensure regulations and credentialing compliance with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) to maintain active credentials. This job requires registration with the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a prerequisite. No minimum experience required to enter and no limit on time spent at this level.
• RCP practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients.
• RCP shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient.
• RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural educational and age-specific needs of the patient. Demonstrates sound judgment characterized by response based & proactive practice. Performs systemic patient assessment relevant to practice setting.
• Performs assessment in consideration of patient progress towards goals.
• Interprets & integrates data from various sources into plan of care.
• Refers to evidence-based principles & clinical practice guidelines to ensure application of appropriate therapy.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of care provided & adapts care based on patient response. Recognizes changes in patient condition which requires a change in the plan of care.
• Initiates preventative measures to avoid potential problems. Demonstrates competence in clinical modalities/procedures per Respiratory Policy/Procedure manual. Recognizes & addresses clinical concerns to ensure patient safety.
• Suggest/initiates alternative care approaches to achieve desired outcomes.
• Advocates for the best plan of care for the patient.
• Coordinates care with the multi-displinary team to address patient needs (clinical rounds).
• Delegates shift activities based on skills and strengths of staff.
• Asserts self with tact when dealing with other members of the healthcare team.
• Assumes preceptor role as needed.
• Participates in professional peer review process and offers constructive feedback for development of peers.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
State of Pennsylvania Respiratory Care License active and in good standing required
Current registration by the National Board for Respiratory Care required
Active American Heart Association CPR required
ACLS required in critical care areas
Additional Information: Works Every Third Weekend + One extra weekend a year
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.