Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ultrasonographer MFM - Full Time Days at Penn Medicine Princeton Health
Job ID: 138514
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Jun 24, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Shift: Full Time Days
- Performs Specialized Obstetrical & Gynecological Ultrasounds, and Ultrasound Guidance for Diagnostic Procedures for High-Risk Pregnancies. Exams are performed in the out-patient office setting of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
- Maintain compliance with the scanning protocol and the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) Accreditation Guidelines.
- Enter preliminary report in the electronic reporting system
- Communicate all findings to the Perinatologist and primary nurse
- Obtains patient history, previous reports, and relevant laboratory data.
- Conducts detailed Obstetrical Ultrasounds at all stages of gestation. This includes Dating Scan to establish the patient’s EDD (Estimated Date of Delivery), Biometry/Growth Scan, Sequential Screen for Nuchal Translucency, Detailed Anatomy Scan, Amniocentesis, Chorionic Villi Sampling, Transvaginal Ultrasound for Cervical Length, Fetal Echocardiogram, Complete Pelvic Ultrasound and Adnexae.
- Performs Gynecological Ultrasounds including Follicular monitoring, measurements of the uterus and ovaries, evaluation of pelvic masses, and pre-conceptual Saline Hysterosalpingogram.
- Performs Biophysical Profiles and Doppler flow studies.
- Performs Fetal Echocardiograms, utilizing 2D, M-mode, and Doppler.
- Provides ultrasound guidance, including a needle guide, in invasive procedures including but not limited to Amniocentesis, Chorionic Villi Sampling, and Fetal Reduction.
- Observes sterile technique when assisting in invasive procedures.
- Enters preliminary reports and data into computer system.
- Verbally reports unusual occurrences and new findings to Physician and Nurse Manager.
- Maintains professional, courteous, and cooperative manner with patients, co-workers, and public.
- Proof-reads reports, edits as indicated and enters referring Physician’s information.
- Participates in research and education/attends departmental meetings, lectures, and article reviews.
- Participates in the training of Per Diem/Agency OB/GYN Sonographers/ and Students.
- Maintains sonographic equipment in good working condition and reports deficiencies as necessary.
- Perform daily quality controls per the Trophon protocol using appropriate personal safety equipment.
- Obtains and maintains ARDMS accreditation in OB/GYN, and Certification in Nuchal Translucency within one year from date of hire and annually.
- Obtains CME credits regularly to retain active registry status.
- Understands and adheres to UMCP’s compliance standards as they appear in UMCP’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keeps abreast of all federal, state, and UMCP’s regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current certification with ARDMS in OB/GYN (Required)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Required)
- Current certification in Nuchal Translucency (Required)
- Cervical Length Assessment Certification preferred must be obtained within a year of employment
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- BS preferred and a graduate of a CAAHEP approved Ultrasound School
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Provide ultrasound guidance, including needle guide, for invasive procedures
- Performs Detailed Obstetrical Ultrasound studies at all stages of gestation
- Performs Fetal Echocardiograms utilizing 2D, M-mode, and Doppler
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE