Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Access Associate
Job ID: 140440
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2022
Work Schedule: variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Patient Access Representative is responsible for computerized patient registration including obtainment and verification of all required demographic and insurance information and the collection of payments at the Time of Service to ensure accurate and timely reimbursement. This position is also responsible for providing support to Cancer Center access areas and insurance authorization verification.
- Greets patient with a positive and professional attitude and initiates registration process. Selects the correct patient through properly entering the required fields within the Penn Chart ADT system to ensure patient safety and creates visits appropriately in the Penn Chart ADT system.
- Performs validation on assigned third party accounts for all outpatients for Radiation Oncology, and OP Infusion. Validation includes but is not limited to verifying eligibility, obtaining benefits, ensuring pre-certification and/or authorization /referral requirements to have been completed. Refers patient to Medicaid Screener or Financial Counselor as needed.
- Prints claims – when necessary logs into Claim Agent and reprints claims for submission.
- Collects Time of Service (TOS) and Point of Service (POS) Payments according to policy. If necessary refers patient to Financial Counselor for assistance and/or refers patients for Medicaid Assistance. Ensures ABN is reviewed with patients, and signed document is scanned into Media Manager.
- Processes correspondence from insurance carriers, case management and other areas within one business day of receipt.
- Creates new Hospital Account Record (HAR) for recurring visits each month for Radiation Oncology (RAD ONC) Patients. Reviews Treatment Plan to ensure appropriate CPT codes are captured.
- Responsible for making corrections to registration errors displayed on Patient and Candidate for Billing (CFB) and denial work queues.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of Penn Chart Cash drawers.
- Supports workflow of Radiation Oncology Department as needed.
- Updates patient benefit information in Penn Chart and verify that existing information is accurate by utilizing the Real Time Eligibility (RTE) system and ensure the necessary procedures are covered by an individual’s insurance carrier on assigned third party accounts for outpatient’s service such as RAD ONC, OP Infusion.
- Monitors assigned PMPH Patient Work queues to ensure timely reimbursement from insurance carriers
- Assigns and enters ICD codes into the ADT system as appropriate with 95% accuracy. Ensures that the appropriate signatures are obtained to meet regulatory requirements. Scans all appropriate paperwork into Media Manager.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Two years of related experience in a healthcare setting.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE