Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 127077
Category: Human Resources
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2022
Work Schedule: Based upon the needs of the department
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment and selection of non-exempt and exempt roles across assigned business areas for Penn Medicine as well as developing, implementing and facilitating recruitment and placement strategies and staffing services throughout the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS). This role supports UPHS overall Human Resources strategies while effectively and efficiently filling all positions as assigned. This position may also participate in special projects as identified such as but not limited to AAP, EEO, diversity initiatives, staff development, marketing, retention, statistical programs new or updated processes and temporary workforce and pipeline strategies. The Recruiter will have overall knowledge of the position and will work independently under the direction of a more senior role. He/She will be required to make decisions and use independent judgment.
- Key areas of responsibility include:
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions. Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Produces postings to attract the best potential candidates; uses strategies likely to increase the visibility of positions on the web and in social media.
- Advises managers and leaders in the selection of internal and external candidates in accordance with all internal practices and applicable standards and regulations.
- Supports the workforce planning process.
- Assists in planning and execution of special recruiting events.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Creating Position Postings
- Works with Hiring Managers and other HR team members to create substantive position postings for our Portal which market our open roles appropriately and attract the desired candidates.
- Content of posting demonstrates understanding of the position requirements.
- Postings are developed and posted in a timely manner from the date of requisition approval.
- Posts positions as appropriate on other sites (Monster, LinkedIn, specialty sites, etc.)
- Uses resources in an appropriate manner.
- Recruiting Strategies
- Consults with hiring managers and makes recommendations for posting and recruiting strategy.
- Recruiting strategy aligns with market and industry climate.
- Works to build pipelining strategies and pools for key positions.
- Recruits for open positions as assigned and/or plans for future openings.
- Recruiting Technology
- Utilizes our recruiting technologies to our best advantage.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers in the use of recruiting technology.
- Produces reports necessary to communicate with HR team and hiring managers.
- Understands our ATS (STATT), further leveraging technology to create efficiency in our recruitment process.
- Recruiting Methodology and Transactions
- Partner with Business Leaders, Hiring Managers, and HR team to ensure the delivery of talent identification across the health system. Develops service level agreements with hiring managers.
- Conducts interviews/phone screens in a thorough and professional manner to assure qualified candidates are referred to hiring manager.
- Conduct candidate screening and facilitate the interview and debriefing process and assessments. Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions, company policies, promotional opportunities, bonus programs and other related information.
- Works with Compensation, other HR staff and hiring managers to determine appropriate salary offers.
- Support the preparation of candidate offer package and closing strategies in tandem with the hiring manager, and HR Manager. Makes offers of employment, transfer and promotion in accordance with policy, practice, and prevailing regulations. Offers of employment are extended in a timely and effective manner.
- Serves in a consultative and advisory role with managers to guide them in the selection process.
- Information is forwarded to on-boarding services completely and appropriately.
- Fully documents recruitment activities to assure work flow communication and uniformity of process.
- Attaches selection tools to candidates as required.
- Makes recommendations regarding process improvements.
- Completes activity reports as required/requested.
- Escalation of issues:
- Has the ability to solve most issues and resolve conflict.
- Appropriately escalates issues requiring attention to his/her supervisor.
- Customer Service
- Provides timely and proactive feedback to managers and both internal and external candidates.
- Is the primary contact for candidates.
- “Sells” Penn to candidate – is a positive and energetic representation of the UPHS Culture.
- Is a resource to hiring managers, peers, applicants and staff.
- Learn each customer’s needs and do the best possible job of satisfying those needs; delivers customer service seamlessly across system boundaries.
- Ensures applicant and customer confidentiality.
- Meets customer service standards. Anticipates customer/client needs.
- Perform service recovery if needed.
- Provide feedback to clients when needed.
- Maintains regularly scheduled meetings with hiring managers.
- Proactive in resolving recruitment issues.
- Professional in Human Resources
- PHR certification preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree required and 3+ years Full life cycle recruiting and proven expertise with common tools, processes and applications (i.e. ATS systems, social networking, etc.).
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE