Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 131967
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:30am-5:00pm, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Marketing Services develop and implement all marketing activities related to assigned service line(s.) Maintain collaborative working relationships with members of the service line administration and physician leadership and work with director of marketing on developing and executing strategic marketing plan. Project management to include working directly with internal staff, vendors and managing budget.
- Marketing Coordinator will work with the Director of Service line marketing on the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan for assigned service line as well as in individual business development plans priority programs within the service line.
- Developing strong relationships with the business administrators and physician leadership in each program and at the affiliated hospital or entity is essential.
- This person must have a strong understanding of Philadelphia health care marketplace, experience building business for matrixed service organizations and superior strategic, analytical, project management and creative development skills.
- It is required that the candidate have a strong understanding and experience working within an academic medical center and the skills to manage and build relationships across a diverse group of medical and surgical specialties.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of media applications in the medical setting ranging from traditional advertising tactics to digital campaigns and social media/networking applications.
- The Penn Marketing Program is focused on innovation - awareness of new developments nationally and regionally and new health care and media trends that influence marketing strategies and tactics is essential.
- Other areas of responsibility may be assigned based on workflow in the office.
- Membership in professional organizations recommended such as American Marketing Association and/or Society for Healthcare Marketing and Development.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or English
- At least 5 years of marketing experience required; healthcare preferred.
- Must have project management, account/client management with senior leadership experience and extensive writing background.
Skills & Abilities:
- Senior-level knowledge of marketing disciplines and practices.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
- Working knowledge in healthcare or in a related field (e.g., pharmaceuticals, healthcare insurance, etc.) required
- Multi-tasks projects at every stage from development through to implementation.
- Budget management experience required.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication. Strong interpersonal skills.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE