Job ID: 137108
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Night shift.
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a full-time Med Lab Tech to work the night shift within the Core lab.
Join Penn Medicine Princeton- Our friendly, accomplished team of enthusiastic Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians welcomes you to join us in our state of the art Clinical Laboratory located on our beautiful Princeton NJ hospital campus. Working alongside our talented professionals you will have the opportunity to share and enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of laboratory medicine, sharing in our tuition reimbursement program, as well as many additional benefits. Working within the Core Lab will allow you to exercise and enhance your skills in Chemistry, Hematology and Blood Bank. Apply and join us as we advance the field of Laboratory Science together.
• Performs various tests, procedures, and protocols within the various departments of the clinical laboratory. Performs quality control and preventative maintenance as delegated by the Section Supervisor. Collects specimens by designated methods and techniques. Generally, functions to perform all routine tests following prescribed procedure.
*HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE - UP TO $10K*- COMPETITVE NEW RATES!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all standard laboratory procedures within a section following predetermined guidelines and procedures.
2. Maintain necessary logs and records as determined within the section.
3. Understands and functions within the guidelines of the laboratories QC/PM Program.
4. Adheres to all safety precautions and procedures within the laboratory.
5. Positively identifies, labels, and processes specimens.
Related Work Experience -
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements -
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.