Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 139228
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Technical skills and abilities must include an above average knowledge of accounting principles and concepts related to financial reporting and budgeting and the ability to analyze, compare, interpret and suggest solutions to accounting and finance issues while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy. Dedication to the timely completion of all tasks, effective listening skills and the ability to ask educated questions at appropriate times. Inclinations to be a self-motivator and to apply creativity and conceptualization skills effectively with management. Promote a positive attitude toward other staff members. The ability to work independently and also as part of a team. Good command of the English language. Demonstrate punctuality and meet set department deadlines. Maintain a professional attitude at all times. Communicate effectively with assigned department financial managers and staff. Consistently adhere to departmental standards for professional office environment. Constantly be aware of and adhere to UPHS employment policies and procedures.
- This role is expected to: Work well with supervisor in maintaining day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department; Promote team playing within work group; Interact in a professional manner with HUP Administrators and their staff to ensure proper accounting and the proper reporting of financial data such as Rev III information to departments; Manage and complete special projects as assigned from managers and controller in a timely and accurate fashion; Prepare ad-hoc analyses and variance explanations as assigned and in support of the month end close process; Support Departments in the monthly Charge Reconciliation initiatives; Support of Annual Operating Budget Process as assigned; Maintains necessary schedules and documentation for monthly closings, quarterly reviews, and annual audit; Reviews financial data for accuracy, reasonableness, and completeness; Applies GAAP and HUP Financial Reporting Standards without exception; Provides assistance as necessary with special projects, operating budget, and financial audit; Provides financial support to Controller and Department Directors as required.
- Daily recording and reconciliation of Bad Debt Write-off’s, Recoveries, Bad Debt Reactivations, and System Postings from Siemens reports to GL, in addition to Daily Expense and Supply Report Files- identifies and alerts Supervisor of areas of concern.
- Prepares monthly Case Mix Index Analysis: including by Payer by Service and by Service by Payer analysis.
- Ensures that all sizable weight Transplant and Trach cases on In-house reports are also accrued for in calculations.
- Complete supporting schedules and flux analyses.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account analyses in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Complete monthly account reconciliation for assigned areas Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of Consolidated Hospital AR, Bad Debt and NPR schedules.
- Assist with year-end financial audit as needed.
- Gather the Month End Financial Statement Package and Maintain the Financial Statements Binders for the CFO and Controller.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required); preferably in Accounting/Finance
- 0-2 years of work experience in a related field (Required)
- Experience with the Lawson (or similar) General Ledger system and with Hyperion Software (Essbase; Hyperion Planning) preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- 0-2 years General Accounting and Budgeting experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience with Horizon Decision Support Cost Accounting System (or similar)
- Experience with EPIC (or similar) Patient accounting billing system
- Experience with Lawson (or similar) General Ledger system
- Experience with Hyperion Reporting and Budget System (or similar)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE