Job ID: 140151
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2022
Work Schedule: Night Shift, Full Time (36 hours per week)
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Intervention Nurse works with the Interventional Radiology Unit to provide care for a variety of patients ranging from Emergency Trauma victims, critical care patients, and those requiring non-emergent interventional procedures. Will provide care to these patients utilizing appropriate assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation, administer all medications from conscious sedation, pressors to antibiotics, and intervene in emergency situations. Will assist the physicians in planning for patient care by assuring that all necessary preparations for the procedure are made and that proper equipment is readily available. Will also function as a resource to Hospital Health Care Providers in the provision of direct and indirect care to assure implementation of holistic care of patient pre, during, and post procedure.
• Must have Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, at time of hire
• Must have more than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable, at time of hire
• Must possess active Pennsylvania RN License, at time of hire
• Must possess active BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire
• Must acquire CCRN or other national certification as defined in the HUP Nursing Policy Manual within 4 years of hire
• ACLS Certification preferred
• 2 years of Critical Care nursing experience or one year of Critical Care and one year of ED experience preferred
Interventional Radiology (IR) is a field of medicine that utilizes the most advanced technology available to perform image-guided procedures to treat a wide variety of diseases throughout the body. As the inventors of angioplasty and the catheter-delivered stent, Interventional Radiologists pioneered modern minimally invasive medicine. Interventional Radiology treatments minimize risk, require little to no incisions, are generally performed with sedation rather than general anesthesia, and more importantly have less pain and recovery time than conventional surgery. Interventional Radiologists see and treat patients with a variety of health conditions, forming long-lasting patient-physician relationships.
The Interventional Radiology Division offers the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of diseases using minimally invasive techniques. Many conditions that previously required traditional open surgery can now be treated with small catheters or other devices guided by radiologic imaging, allowing for a faster recovery, and a less costly procedure.
Conditions treated include:
• Acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis
• Diseases of the lymphatic system
• Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT)
• Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations
• Endoleaks from abdominal aortic aneurysms
• Cancer (liver, kidney, bone and lung)
• Peripheral arterial disease/critical limb ischemia (CLI)
• Vascular malformations/varicose and spider veins
• Women's health conditions (eg. uterine fibroids, pelvic congestion syndrome)
• Hemodialysis access dysfunction
Here are a few of the minimally invasive techniques used:
• Liver directed tumor therapy (chemoembolization/radioembolization/tumor ablation)
• Uterine artery embolization (UAE)
• Varicocele embolization
• Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts
• IVC filter placement/complex IVC filter removal
• DVT thrombolysis
• Laser ablation for varicose veins
• Arterial revascularization
#LI-MK1We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.