Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Manager, CRM Marketing Platform
Job ID: 137966
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Work Schedule: 9:00AM-5:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This position is currently offering full remote work. However, in the near future this position may require partial on-site work.
- The Senior Manager provides leadership and oversight of Penn Medicine's Customer Relationship Management platform (CRM). The Senior Manager will be responsible for working with a variety of end-users and stakeholders including, but not limited to: the Marketing Contact Center, Penn Signature Services, Network Development and Referral Development teams, to identify areas of opportunity for optimization, automation, and expansion of the platform. This individual will understand the needs of these diverse workgroups and will manage the CRM environment, which includes general support, training, needs assessments, and related platform design and creation.
- The Senior Manager will also be responsible for documentation and deployment of new data sets, field placement and general platform QA ensuring the platform works seamlessly across the organization and captures all required information at key points in the customer life cycle. An understanding of all data sources in the CRM platform will be essential to this role's success. The Senior Manager will partner closely with a broad team of leaders focused on Penn Medicine's CRM implementation, including the following teams: IS and Data Management, Analytics, Marketing Automation, Web Development, Content and more.
- Penn Medicine's Customer Analytics and Marketing Technology Solutions Team works to develop data-driven insights, and advise on, create, and maintain integrated experiences built on leading edge technologies. Partnering with our Digital and Marketing Strategy functions, we provide a vast array of skills and work collaboratively to enable best-in-class patient and provider experiences.
- PLATFORM ADMINISTRATION
- Daily administration, support and oversight of Penn Medicine’s CRM including but not limited to managing multiple user setup, profiles and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations (working with vendors or direct reports where applicable)
- Works with management and end-users to create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers
- Validates and builds application requirements and program enhancements by working with program staff, programmers, strategic planning, analysts and/or outside consultants as needed
- Manages the software testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating actual software testing
- Keeps application users informed about system functionality and enhancements
- Logs and tracks identified system problems through resolution
- Creates and maintains documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help related materials for users as database applications are developed (working with vendor for documentation where applicable)
- PLATFORM GROWTH
- Works with end user groups and CRM Program Managers to ensure a strong understanding of their needs in an effort to enhance current platform
- Develops thought leadership and is a key voice during discovery, onboarding and training of new user groups inclusive of the Access Center
- STAFF, VENDOR AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT
- Supervises and motivates platform team to ensure productivity is maximized and specified goals and quality standards are met; establishes goals and objectives, provides feedback and evaluates performance, counsels and develops employees
- Oversees both day to day work and broader projects by the CRM Administrator to ensure data quality standards are consistently met
- Create and own work plans according to annual strategic priorities to support execution and sustainment of CRM Platform; ensure all project elements are implemented according to objectives, specifications, on schedule and on budget
- Leads projects with >80% of work outsourced. Manages vendor performance and delivery against requirements.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Stays abreast of health care, marketing, and technology-related issues to serve as a knowledgeable leader and system resource. Maintains skill levels in technology tools required to perform job requirements. Propose new methods for utilizing marketing technology platforms, incorporating best practices from high performing organizations, and staying current on the competitive health care landscape.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity and health system organization.
- Salesforce Admin Certification
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required); preferably in Computer Science or related field.
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Marketing, MBA, Statistics or related field (Preferred)
- 8+ years of experience working in a related field (Required)
- 3+ years of experience managing large projects/programs and/or overseeing teams (Required)
- 3+ years of experience working with Salesforce (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with ability to plan and execute multiple complex projects, while resourcefully managing risks and communicating across stakeholders
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to establish credibility as a strategic thought partner
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to define and achieve objectives with limited oversight if needed
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand data models and process flows from multiple systems
- Demonstrated proficiency to manage complex data sets
- Proficient experience with SQL and/or other relational database management systems; including ability to query large datasets, clean and transform data, and understand data relationships
- Experience with project management techniques and best practices
- Experience in managing vendors to align with marketing strategic goals
- Advanced experience with Salesforce setup and configuration
- Advanced experience with Salesforce dashboards and reporting
- Experience performing Salesforce platform upgrades and ensuring successful integrations
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE