Job ID: 139498
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: North Brunswick, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time- Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines. Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Princeton House Behavioral Health is seeking a full time Allied Clinical Therapist to join the team.
• To provide clinical services that include assessment, triage, individual and group treatment, treatment plan input and documentation for all services provided.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan.
2. Provide age appropriate care as indicated by knowledge of the principle of growth and development over the lifespan, and ability to assess and interpret data relative to the patient's age.
3. Conduct individual and group interventions within their scope of practice.
4. Complete multidisciplinary assessments as assigned
5. Document each treatment session in accordance with Princeton House documentation policies
6. Participate in daily treatment rounds, working with treatment team to coordinate care through exchange of clinical information. 7. Identify significant changes in patients' clinical status and communicate to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team.
8. Interact professionally and respectfully with patients, families and staff in performance of daily duties.
9. Maintain and utilize adjunctive therapy equipment and supplies. Order, check, and maintain supplies in a timely manner for client. Monitor safety of supplies. Use a diverse range of therapeutic modalities. Demonstrate creativity and current knowledge of selected therapies.
10. Participate in hospital and program performance improvement program and goals.
11. Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers / staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
12. Maintain standards of confidentiality.
13. Possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients' physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels / patient populations served within the department.
• Masters Degree in social sciences, bachelor’s degree in adjunctive therapy field or related specialization required or adjunctive therapy field preferred. Licensure preferred.
Related Work Experience
• Fulfillment of a clinical internship.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Art therapy – working towards certification
• Dance/Movement therapy – working towards certification
• Music therapy – certification
• Recreational therapy – Certifications
• Counseling – Working towards licensure or LSW/LAC
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Professionalism is essential.
• A customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to use computer for purposes of documentation of services, maintenance of folders on personal drive, access to clinical forms and policies from shared drives, and electronic communication.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.