Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Emergency Room Tech- Full time rotation nights/eve- Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 139802
Category: CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)/ Nursing Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Emergency Department (ED) at Pennsylvania Hospital, located in the historic district of downtown Philadelphia, is a 29 bed unit that sees over 36,000 visits annually. Although not a Level One Trauma Center, the ED treats a diverse patient population in virtually all specialties.
The ED focuses on performance improvement and evidenced-based practice to provide the best possible care. In 2018, the ED was awarded the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) Lantern Award. This award is given to only one percent of emergency departments nationally and recognizes exceptional practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research. The Pennsylvania Hospital Emergency Department is the first hospital in Philadelphia to earn such a prestigious designation.
Staff at all levels actively participate in unit councils, shared governance and various committees, always striving to provide the most compassionate, quality care possible. From our care delivery model of modified primary care, through our professional practice model of Relationship-Based Care (RBC), the department is proud of our excellent work. Whether it involves a family crisis or a cut finger, our staff always stays focused on the patients and their families’ immediate needs. The ED contributed several sources of evidence to the Magnet document, assisting the hospital in becoming Magnet-designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018.
- Delivers patient care that is patient and family centered. Incorporates team focused, collegial relationships to ensure patient safety and improve outcomes. Maintains organizational competencies of superior quality care, critical thinking and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates accountability to the patient, family, self and the healthcare team. Provides superior quality care and assumes responsibility and accountability for their role in performance outcomes while supporting PAH's Relationship Based Care Model.
- Reports directly to their assigned Registered Nurse. The assigned nurse for each technician will be identified on the Patient Census Board.
- The Registered Nurse will delegate responsibilities to the technician as needed. The technician will keep the Registered Nurse informed regarding the patient, results of tests, etc. The Registered Nurse will countersign all documentation.
- Prepares rooms for each admission. Restocks supplies in each room.
- Maintain clean and orderly appearance of work areas including utility and service areas
- Uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions.
- Performs duties and exhibits behaviors consistent with care philosophy of Pennsylvania Hospital.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse Aid
- CNA preferred
- Emergency Medical Technician
- EMT preferred
- Would consider student in nursing school, 1 clinical medsurg rotation needed
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
Previous nursing assistant or emergency medical technician experience or a nursing student with 2 clinical rotations required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE