Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 140112
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the financial reporting and decision making across the organization and related entities. Support can include but not limited to financial statements preparation, variance analysis, budgeting, service line and decision support, forecasting, capital planning, benchmarking and productivity, and other ad hoc reporting, analytics and modeling. The primary role of the financial analyst is to support finance and hospital leadership by compiling and generating accurate and timely financial and statistical information.
- Accountabilities are dependent on primary area(s) assigned to the analyst and may include secondary support as needed to other areas. The accountabilities may include some or all of the items listed.
- Identifies and manages accrued expenses
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger, including maintaining the chart of accounts in Lawson, reviewing and analyzing all GL accounts, maintaining activity codes, monitoring and reporting on journal entries recorded by external entities, and reconciling all asset, liability, and equity balances
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Acts as a liaison for hospital operational leadership in assisting them in preparation and follow-up of their monthly financial reviews
- Work closely with departmental leadership and assist in annual budget processes
- Assists with recurring audits, surveys and external reporting
- Other accounting and reporting as assigned by Finance leadership
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business or Healthcare Administration OR 6+ Years Applicable Experience in Finance, Accounting, Business, Healthcare or related fields.
- Proficient experience with MS Office-Excel
- Master’s Degree Finance, Accounting, Business or Healthcare Administration
- Experience in an Acute Healthcare Setting
- Experience with other software applications Lawson, Infor, Hyperion, Business Objects, EPIC
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE